For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is Medtech Media Ltd, 404 Leatherhead Road, Chessington, Surrey KT9 2NN.
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you access and browse our websites (including when you register for an event or fill in forms on our websites) and when you correspond with us by phone or email, you may give us information about yourself. This information can include your name, payment processing information, postal address, email address, landline and/or mobile telephone number, delivery details, dietary and access requirements and information about your employment (including your job title, responsibilities and employer's details) as well as other personal information.
With regard to each of your visits to our website(s), we may also collect the following information:
· technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating systems and platforms; and
· information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstreams to, through and from our websites, products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from that page and any phone number used to call us
We may receive information about you from the other services that we provide. We also work closely with third parties such as payment processors, app providers and on-site event services suppliers and may receive information about you from them.
OUR USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the personal information that you provide to us to provide goods and services to you (including to ensure that your requirements are met at events and to complete any bookings that you make through our website) and to process payments as requested by you.
From time to time, we may contact you (or permit selected third parties to contact you) to tell you about our events, special offers and other relevant goods or services. By providing us with your email address and/or mobile telephone number, you are consenting to us contacting you by email and/or SMS. Third parties will only contact you by electronic means if you have consented to this.
We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server or to administer our websites. We may conduct analyses of user traffic to measure the use of our websites and to improve our content of our websites and our services.
We also process your personal information where we are required to do so by law and for the exercise or defence of legal claims.
We will keep hold of your data for 2-3 years and will use it to provide information about Medical Technology UK and other events we organise that are relevant to you.
Your badge will be scanned by us as you enter any of our events. We will use this information to record which event you visited and when.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to selected third parties outside Medtech Media, including for processing purposes associated with payment processing, event badging, the supply of goods and services relating to the event, for website administration, or elsewhere when you have consented to such disclosures. These third parties are contractually bound only to use personal information to perform the services that we hire them to provide.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
· in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
· if Medtech Media or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
· if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce our terms and conditions or other agreements, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Medtech Media.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR DATA
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use administrative, technical, and physical measures to safeguard personal information against loss, theft and unauthorised uses, access or modifications.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND APPS
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
You also have the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal information that we hold about you or to withdraw consent at any time, by contacting us as detailed below.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.